Whether it is a major accident or a minor one, getting into a car accident can be frightening and life altering. They often leave you in a panicked, frazzled state, which can force you to compromise the proper procedure that should be taken after a car crash. You never know when it could happen to you, so it is important to be prepared. Here are 8 tips to remember for after a car accident.
- Stay calm. Try not to panic. It is important to remain calm and collected so that you can follow the proper procedure.
- Make sure you and your passengers are ok. Check for injuries that you or any passengers may have incurred during the accident. You will need to be able to notify the police if anyone is seriously injured.
- Call the police. It does not matter how minor the accident is or if the other car involved is accepting fault and asking you to not call the police. Always call the police. It is the only way to ensure that everyone will be safe and held accountable.
- Move away from traffic. If the accident is minor, move all the cars out from oncoming traffic and into a safe location. If the cars cannot be moved, make sure everyone involved in the accident is moved away traffic. Also, do not forget to turn your vehicle hazards on so that cars passing by will see you.
- Notify your insurance company. It is best to let your insurance company know about the accident as soon as possible. Be sure that you do not sign any documents that are not from the police or your insurance agent.
- Take photos and write everything down. As soon as you have time, write down every detail you can remember about the accident. This includes the order of events, specific damages, and any witnesses involved. Writing all the details down will be very helpful when seeking compensation for the damages or for your car accident injuries. It will also benefit you greatly to take photos of all the damages to your car and any other car involved in the accident.
- Hire a car accident lawyer. If you have been injured from a car accident that is not your fault, it is important that you seek representation immediately. Waiting to do so will only increase your chances of making mistakes that could weaken your case.
Adam Davis Law
Car accident injuries can be severe and life changing. Victims of car accident injuries want and deserve justice now. To get the justice you deserve requires the patience, expertise, skill and experience of a highly qualified car accident lawyer.
If you are in Arizona, contact me today for a highly qualified and experienced Auto Accident Attorney in Phoenix and Tucson. Get the personal attention and expertise you need in a car accident lawyer.